Join CAYO in Havana, Matanzas and Trinidad, Cuba
December 28, 2019-January 5, 2020
An intimate look at how our musicians do the work of diplomacy.
Cuba travel continues legally under the Support for the Cuban people license.
As a non-profit dedicated to cultural diplomacy between the US and Cuba, CAYO deeply believes in empowering citizens of both countries to find common ground through shared experiences. Under the Support for the Cuban people license, American travelers will interact directly with Cuban citizens working in the visual and performing arts, hip-hop, fashion design, tobacco and coffee farming, culinary arts, and all manner of private entrepreneurship. CAYO delegations include an intimate look at how our American and Cuban students use music to communicate through sneak-peeks at rehearsals and classes in the lead-up to a final presentation open to all.
Join Cuban American Youth Orchestra (CAYO) and guide Mariesa Sun-Saenz of Cuba Artist Exchange on a delegation focused on arts diplomacy with everyday Cuban people. Participate in cultural exchange while directly supporting the Cuban private business sector and building community with Cuban people. In this 7-night tour we explore history and culture in many forms.
- Be surrounded by classical and Cuban music
- Meet leading Cuban chefs and hip-hop artists
- Enjoy intimate performances from CAYO musicians
- Eat comida criolla at paladares
- Learn about entrepreneurial Cuban culture from artists
- Visit an Afro-Cuban babalao home
- Dance and listen to rumba in Matanzas
- Walk in the historic streets of Habana Vieja and Trinidad de Cuba
- Meals and transfers included; airfare purchased separately
Who can join a CAYO Arts Delegation?
Anyone who is interested in
- Serving the artist communities of the US and Cuba
- Experiencing high-impact travel opportunities for supporters of the arts and international learning
- Gaining people-to-people experiences with working and student artists in dance, music, and the visual arts
- Enjoying intergenerational and cross-cultural travel in small groups
- Discovering authentic collaborations between musicians from different backgrounds