CAYO is thrilled to partner with Classical Movements to offer an unforgettable five days in Havana and Matanzas, Cuba from May 22-26, 2019. Enjoy sea views from your hotel room, visit Hemingway’s home, stroll the Malecón, take in Havana’s colonial architecture, and be a part of everything from intimate chamber music concerts to late-night jam sessions. We invite you to raise a mojito glass and toast Havana’s 500th anniversary with CAYO!
Founded in 1992, Classical Movements has worked in Cuba, on and off, since 1995. In 2010, responding to revived interest, Classical Movements resumed touring to Cuba, curating unique and truly meaningful experiences for more than 25 esteemed musical ensembles, and thereby becoming the world’s leading concert tour company to Cuba. After President Obama announced the resumption of diplomatic relations with the republic in 2015, Classical Movements produced an historic tour for the Minnesota Orchestra, the first professional U.S. orchestra to perform in Cuba in more than 15 years.
Everywhere we go, Classical Movements aims to:
- Contribute to meaningful causes.
- Foster music and cultural exchanges and collaborations between disparate groups.
- Enable teaching and workshop opportunities with world-renowned conductors, clinicians and ensembles.
- Encourage interaction and learning for all.
- Preserve, rebuild and reach out