Join CAYO in Cuba
October 21-27, 2018
Join Cuban American Youth Orchestra (CAYO) on a delegation focused on arts diplomacy with everyday Cuban people. Participate in cultural exchange while directly supporting the Cuban private business sector and building community with Cuban people. In this 6 night tour we explore history and culture in many forms.
- Be surrounded by classical and Cuban music
- Meet visual artists at their studios
- Enjoy intimate performances from CAYO musicians
- Eat comida criolla at paladares
- Learn about entrepreneurial Cuban culture from artists
- Visit an Afro-Cuban babalao home
- Dance and listen to rumba in Matanzas
- Walk in the historic streets of Habana Vieja
- Meals and transfers included; airfare purchased separately
Who can join a CAYO Arts Delegation?
Anyone who is interested in
- Serving the artist communities of the US and Cuba
- Experiencing high-impact travel opportunities for supporters of the arts and international learning
- Gaining people-to-people experiences with working and student artists in dance, music, and the visual arts
- Enjoying intergenerational and cross-cultural travel in small groups
- Discovering authentic collaborations between musicians from different backgrounds
Scenes from February 21-25, 2018 in Havana
Interested in joining our next delegation? Sign up and we'll be in touch.